Susan Hutter Urrutia is a 16-year seasoned attorney. She practices family law exclusively, covering such areas as valuation and division of assets, such as stocks, real property and businesses, along with handling assessments of child and spousal support and complex child custody issues.
Prior to joining Oleander Law Partners, Susan practiced at a Silicon Valley family law firm, representing high net-worth individuals in their dissolution matters. Earlier in her career, Susan’s practice focused on complex civil litigation, including construction, real estate and insurance coverage disputes. Her many years of litigation experience gives Susan a unique advantage in managing discovery disputes and law and motion practice.
Susan works closely with her clients to develop an approach that is tailored to their special needs and goals. She enjoys the practice of family law, because she is able to help individuals and families regain control over their lives during the most unsettling and challenging times. Her compassion and unique sensitivity to her client’s case sets Susan apart as both an effective advocate and a trusted adviser.
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law
- B.A., Government & Politics (with Distinguished Dean’s List Honors), University of Maryland at College Park
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance